Getting Started with airSlate WorkFlow
About this course
This course takes you through the key steps required to get started with airSlate WorkFlow. You'll obtain new skills for designing, integrating, and automating document workflows to simplify tasks, save time, and enhance your overall workflow experience.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to simplify team collaboration, improve efficiency, and enhance transparency in your workplace.
What will you learn?
Who is this course for?
What our students say
Review from Capterra platform
The different courses are well defined, easily searchable, and the titles are useful. The content can get a bit long, and theoretical from time to time but mostly they try to keep it to bite-sized chunks with small quizzes to help you retain what you just read.
Review from YouTube
I’ve taken 20 airSlate Academy courses. These courses helped me create a workflow and generate business. The biggest skill I’ve learned is how to integrate data from other platforms into my workflow.
Review from G2 platform
airSlate Academy offers free courses in business process and workflow automation innovatively. The courses are well-researched and presented. Easily understood by a noncore IT audience.
airSlate: workflow automation software for effective workspaces
Today, more and more companies worldwide turn to workflow automation, searching for tools to improve how they run their businesses. During the pandemic, people had to manage their work remotely and employ technologies to help them create a single virtual space for teamwork and collaboration.
Many organizations consider these technologies for their day-to-day operations to help automate and speed up tedious and time-consuming processes. Workflow automation is crucial to increase productivity and stay ahead of competitors in today's fast-past work environment. Let's look at workflow automation tools, why companies need them, how they boost productivity and improve business processes.
What is workflow automation, and why is it beneficial?
Workflow automation is the creation, design, and automation of regular business processes based on predefined rules. In other words, it's a series of actions triggered by another action and automatically completed without human interaction.
The main goal of implementing automated software is to reduce manual and paper-based processes. When businesses go digital, they can streamline processes, reduce errors, keep data secure, and easily track progress.
Here are some key benefits businesses enjoy with the automation of workflows:
- Reduced errors and data loss. Paper-based tasks and manual data entry often result in typos and errors in documents or database records. Reviewing and correcting them is time-consuming and tedious.
- Optimized task completion. Automated workflows are faster than manual processes. Once set up, they can perform recurring tasks in seconds with just the click of a button.
- Minimized costs. Even the most expensive workflow automation software costs less than employee time, effort, and resources. Specialized platforms handle tasks 24/7 and keep processes moving forward at all times.
- Streamlined communication and collaboration. Most services enable users to create separate workflows for each team or department while allowing collaboration. advanced analytics widgets show the amount of performed actions and tasks, recent activities, etc., and make everyday processes transparent.
- Increased staff satisfaction. Employees can focus on more creative and strategic initiatives when you automate routine, repetitive tasks. Delight staff with streamlined processes - no need to manually fill out forms or print documents.
Workflow automation examples
Professional services are highly adaptable and can simplify and accelerate multiple tasks. Here are a few workflow automation examples:
- Preparing and organizing records. Creating and sending documents can be cumbersome for many businesses, taking away from customer-facing time. Save time and hassle when you automate filling out blank fields in document templates and transferring records from one file storage to another.
- Creating tasks. Services can offer specific tools to replace inefficient task creation and assignment procedures. With the right software, you can quickly develop a flow to instantly create a card in your project management software, notify assignees, and remind them about deadlines.
- Onboarding employees. Requesting and entering new employees' information for onboarding paperwork is time-consuming. Streamline this process with reusable templates, fillable form fields, and data-binding to automatically update records.
- Approving requests. All employees need to use third-party software to request and approve invoices, vacation requests, and other work-related matters. Filling out a template, printing it, and sending it to multiple managers for approval can take weeks. Instead, save time and hassle with automated workflows.
- Generating invoices. Invoicing can be a tedious task, especially if you bill customers monthly. The software can create and send documents and confirm payments based on your specific schedule.
- Managing leads. Time-consuming following up leads is more efficient with automated systems that can collect your customers' data, transfer it to the CRM system, send emails, and route it to responsible people. It helps your sales team to focus on the later stages of your sales funnel and sell services or goods more efficiently.
- Dealing with issues. Usually, customer support has to receive information from a client, clarify lots of details, and then send this report to the IT team to have this issue resolved. Automated systems allow you to create a web form that will request all the crucial points and transfer them to developers automatically in no time.
What is document workflow automation with airSlate?
With airSlate, document workflow automation is a breeze. It has all the tools required for dealing with many types of records. You can edit pdfs, build professional web forms, and request payments or attachments. You can also use numerous specialized workflow automation tools – software robots called Bots – which automate and streamline your tasks.
With airSlate, you have multiple ways to configure your account, Workspace, and analytics widgets to improve team management and collaboration, make it more trackable and transparent. The user-friendly interface helps you quickly prepare your Workspace. If you would like to learn about all the features available in airSlate, consider enrolling in our specialized course.
Click Enroll at the top of the page, register for an account, and discover how you can benefit from airSlate’s digital transformation!
Questions & answers
Workflow automation is a process of organizing work and launching regular tasks without or with minimum human interaction thanks to using if-this-then-that rule-based logic. After logic is established and rules are defined, an automated workflow can create a document, send it for signing, pre-fill forms, send an email, and many more, given that another action is completed. For example, once an employee fills out a survey, his answers are automatically exported into another form or spreadsheet without any extra manual data input.
Business automation is a general term for applications and programs that automatically perform various business tasks and repetitive processes with minimized human involvement. This helps to eliminate manual work and helps employees focus on more critical tasks. Business automation technology streamlines basic workflows in different areas, including HR, Sales, Finance, Procurement, and others.
Business process automation covers a vast range of core business operations. Therefore, it suits companies of any sphere and size. The financial sector, education, healthcare, construction are just a few examples where business automation can and should be applied for better business efficiency.
By general definition, workflow automation is the creation, design, and automation of regular business processes. It covers various repetitive tasks which businesses of any specialization have. Creating tasks, generating documents, form pre-filling with data from other files, document signing, onboarding employees, approving invoices, purchase orders, vacation requests, etc., are just a few of its examples to mention. This list is not exhaustive, as virtually any routine process can be automated with an appropriate workflow automation tool, like airSlate.
As an IT term, a workspace means temporary digital storage for a specific data type. In the context of business, it relates to working premises or, when talking about software, a separate digital organizational space. You can have one general workspace for the whole company to use or create multiple ones for each team to deal with its particular tasks separately from other colleagues. This helps to better structure work inside each department and improve team collaboration.
In airSlate, you can have as many Workspaces as you need to make your work efficient. To create one, log in to your airSlate account, click on your organization’s name in the upper corner of the window and choose Create Workspace from the dropdown. Add a domain name for it (for example, using your team's name or a project your work on). When done, add teammates and create groups in your Workspace, add Roles to them, allowing them only to fill out documents, manage the team, or audit the Flows.
There are lots of offers for business automation processes on the market. Whether you run a small business or a big company with multiple functions and departments, try airSlate. It’s a robust workflow automation solution that requires no coding skills from users. It features a ready-to-use Bot for each automation task or integration with other software your company uses. It’s quick to configure and offers free courses on how to use the product, configure a document workflow automation for different use cases, and integrate the tool with other popular business applications. Join the airSlate Academy to learn more.
Workflow automation and Robotic Process Automation (abbr. RPA) are often used interchangeably, as they have much in common. However, these concepts have some differences. The first one refers to task automation within a certain business process. At the same time, RPA can automate them from A to Z. RPA automates the entire workflow thanks to using robotic solutions (low- or no-code) that work on a rule-based logic.
Document workflow automation refers to generating, pre-filling, exporting and sharing documents with minimized human interaction through automation software. It means that most of your document routine is automatically performed by special software. This helps eliminate errors caused by manual data input and significantly saves your time spent on document management.
With the right tool, automating document workflows is easy and fast. Use airSlate, a top-notch no-code workflow automation solution. It offers ready-to-use workflows for document creation, contract negotiation, and other daily business processes. The tool uses no-code Bots to help you automatically generate new forms, pre-fill them with data from other documents and spreadsheets, export these newly created documents to the cloud or CRMs, and notify other people about these updates. You can learn more about automating document workflows with airSlate and integrating your preferred business tools with our solution by taking free courses at the airSlate Academy.