Workflow Automation for Procurement
About this program:
This certification program is aimed at anyone working in a procurement department looking to eliminate signing delays, contract negotiation confusion, and manual data transfers often riddled with errors. The program includes everything you need to know about the basics of workflow automation and typical use cases that expound on the benefits for procurement departments.
By the end of this program, you will be fully equipped with the necessary knowledge to create automated procurement workflows in a few minutes.
What you will learn
- How to get started with document automation with airSlate WorkFlow
- How to set up a fully automated document workflow for procurement departments
- What no-code bots are and how to use them for procurement document-based processes
- The most popular no-code bots for procurement workflows and their step-by-step configuration process
Are you ready to change the way you handle paperwork? Discover how to automate document workflows within one platform and keep things running smoothly.
Spending too much time managing contracts? We’ve got you covered. Discover how to eliminate excessive paperwork, reclaim working hours, and reduce your number of administrative tasks so you can focus on higher-priority business goals.
Is managing vendors challenging and time-consuming for your business? Don’t worry. Discover how to level up the efficiency of your day-to-day processes by simplifying the approval and onboarding of new vendors.
Ready to take your partnership agreements to the next level? Discover how to generate your partnership agreements in minutes and automate your most used actions without writing a single line of code.
Do you find errors or typos when pulling large amounts of data into spreadsheets? Learn how to completely get rid of any mistakes that occur in spreadsheets while automatically populating Google Sheets with data from your documents.
Are you looking to track when exactly your documents are completed and where they will go next? Stay on top of your documents’ completion by receiving automatic emails with completed documents attached.
Document storage has never been simpler. You no longer need to manually place completed documents in your Dropbox folders. Discover how to streamline document archiving upon file completion and keep documents organized with no-code workflow automation.
How much time and headache do you endure when saving information from new stakeholders and customers to the right place in Salesforce? Learn how to simplify the most problematic and time-consuming data-based operations for your Salesforce organization.
Why waste time on moving data between records manually? Discover a fast and simple way to eliminate inaccuracies by automatically pre-filling your documents with NetSuite data.
How much time do you spend copying information from one document to another? Learn how to automatically route data between multiple documents to save time and eliminate the hassle of completing high-priority tasks on a deadline.
Isn’t it easier to sort document packages when they are properly named? Discover how to automatically change names for your sets of documents using recipient data.
How does learning work?
Why do you need an automated procurement system?
Procurement undertakes an important role in any business, no matter what industry you work in and how big your company is. It aims to get qualitative goods and services at the most equitable prices to provide your company with the supplies needed for its operating cycle. However, it transcends the simple acquisition of goods. It’s a complex process made of numerous steps from defying your needs to receiving delivery and analyzing the effectiveness of the deal. Building it effectively can significantly increase your company’s productivity.
What are the main steps of the procurement workflow?
Understanding the supply cycle is important in improving your procurement process. It can differ in companies depending on their specialization and size. However, here’s what the main steps of a typical supply workflow are:
- Defying needs. Every acquisition starts with recognizing needs: what items the company lacks for its daily business activities, how much has to be ordered, and what vendors offer the most suitable terms.
- Searching for vendor(s). Supply managers create a list of the relevant vendors who offer goods and services at the most attractive prices and select those who meet their item and budget demands.
- Contract negotiation. This is an important element in building relationships with your suppliers. Parties should agree on prices and other terms of the deal before making an order.
- Purchase requisition. This phase of the process comprises receiving an approval for acquisition from the finance department. They need to affirm the requested quantity of goods and prices according to the current budget.
- Purchase order release. Once everything is approved, supply managers issue a purchase order (PO) and send it to the vendor company. It must include all the details of the order: item description, their exact number, and information about delivery.
- Invoice approval. Based on the PO, the vendor issues an invoice that should be properly checked by the supply team and/or finance department.
- Payment processing. If the invoice matches with the PO and the contract terms and conditions earlier agreed, the accountant makes the transaction.
- Receiving and checking the delivery. When getting the goods, the supply managers keep records of the delivery and check the quality and whether the number of the delivered goods correlates with the order. If anything doesn’t match, they contact the vendor(s) to resolve the issue(s).
- Record and document maintenance. All information about the acquisition and confirming documentation should be properly kept.
- Purchase analysis. This step is not obligatory but big companies with large supplies often analyze deals, their cost and the bottlenecks associated with the procurement process.
Automation benefit in procurement
As you can see, the procurement workflow includes many stages and requires a lot of paperwork to be done. Handling it all manually is too time-consuming and burdensome. Besides, human errors, delays, failures in the supply process affect the company's operating cycle and can significantly reduce its cash flow. That’s why choosing a procurement system is important.
With automation software, anyone can exclude unnecessary manual work and set up the supply cycle with efficiency. Employing automated procurement systems grants many advantages:
- Accuracy in documents and records. Decreasing manual data input reduces errors and inconsistencies.
- Increased procurement process speed. Automation speeds up document creation, contract and price approval, and record-keeping in purchasing operations. The faster the supply cycle goes, the shorter your operating and cash flow cycle is.
- Paperwork elimination. Going digital saves tons of paper and space. Plus, 24/7 access to your documents from any device is super useful.
- Saving time and costs. By using a procurement system, you can save hours of working time and reduce operating expenses.
- Better control over the purchasing lifecycle. An automation platform for procurement enables teams with effective real-time process tracking.
In other words, procurement automation enhances a company's overall productivity. Choosing the right solution is just another key to your business success.
Why use airSlate as an automated purchasing system
airSlate is a no-code, cloud-based automation platform for companies of all sizes that makes any business process a breeze. The following features make airSlate a perfect automated procurement system:
- Flow library. Create your Flows from scratch or choose one of the ready-to-use Flow templates for managing contracts, invoicing, and other related processes.
- No code Bots. airSlate uses RPA technology. Easily pre-fill documents, send forms and contracts to other parties, and configure notifications.
- Integrations. airSlate offers both Integration and Automation Bots that connect your account with other business solutions, import/export data to and from CRM systems, databases, etc.
- Legally-binding electronic signature. No need to buy extra tools for eSigning. Approve documents right from your airSlate account.
Procurement automation is too good and important to ignore. Modernize your business.
Questions & answers
Procurement is often associated with purchasing goods and services. However, it’s a much broader concept. The procurement process involves defining a company's needs, searching for suppliers with suitable goods and pricing, preparing purchase requests and delivery contract drafts, negotiating on terms and conditions, etc. The procurement workflow also covers the checking and approving of invoices, the payment stage, and examining goods after delivery. Thus, it’s a complex business process of supplying a company with products for its operational activity or internal office needs.
The procurement process includes a number of actions to be taken to acquire goods and services with minimum risks and maximum benefit. It involves planning, searching for vendors with the best offers and prices, negotiating on contract conditions, and delivery control. All these steps are time-consuming and paper-heavy, so using an automated purchasing system is preferable. Automated procurement solutions like airSlate help supply managers eliminate hassles and make purchases.
eProcurement stands for electronic acquisition and sale of materials, equipment, services, etc., via electronic trading tools, including web auctions and tenders. It’s a streamlined procurement process compared to the traditional one, as all its steps are automated. With no paper contract exchange, it creates an environment for faster delivery, eliminating delays and disruptions in the delivery of goods. Supply chain managers should choose an efficient automated purchasing system like airSlate to reduce errors and improve their supply cycles.
Many companies still prefer using MS Office tools for managing their business processes. Excel is the most popular program for creating product catalogs and price lists, keeping records on product purchases and sales, and analyzing executed deals. Despite having many instruments for data processing, Excel can’t handle procurement automation the way you need for streamlined results. Alternatively, consider implementing automated purchasing systems, like airSlate, to get more deals done in less time and with fewer costs. With procurement automation, you can effectively plan your purchase, negotiate on price and other contract terms, and set control over the delivery process.
Every procurement process starts with defining the company’s needs in goods or services and verifying the list of vendors to find the one that meets your requirements and budget. After that, you step into the negotiation stage, discussing and agreeing on prices, amount of items, orders, delivery terms, etc. When the contract is signed, it’s time for the payment stage: preparing the purchase order, receiving and checking the invoice, and passing it to the accountants for payment. Using a single automated procurement system instead of several different tools can reduce errors and help you better handle your supply chain. airSlate enables you to automate all steps in your procurement process with its no-code Bots and instruments for managing and eSigning documents.
A procurement system is a software solution that enhances a company's supply procedures, cutting costs and hassles in purchasing goods and services. The modern IT market offers a great number of programs for effectively managing your supply chain. When looking for a suitable procurement system, consider using the one that combines such features as workflow automation, easy contract negotiations and tracking, payment tools, analytics, and integrations with other systems. airSlate provides you with all of them at a reasonable price.
It’s a computer program or web-based solution that provides procurement automation at every stage of ordering goods and services. It enables users to automatically manage their supply contracts, make purchase requests, control, and audit product delivery. Implementing procurement automation helps find and resolve bottlenecks in your supply chain, and significantly improves your procurement workflows. Try airSlate as your automated purchasing system to minimize time spent on regular tasks and accelerate turnaround at your company.
The public procurement process involves public and governmental organizations purchasing goods, work, and services from private companies. It generally includes the same steps as in the public sector, however, can require more people in approving documents. Multiple checks and controls in public purchasing cause delays in the supply and pause federal and local projects. Using workflow automation tools like airSlate can help public organizations resolve those bottlenecks in their procurement processes.
Automation tools for procurement workflows may be difficult in use and require particular technical knowledge. Choose airSlate, an end-to-end workflow automation platform that is totally user-oriented. It can be utilized for procurement automation as well as for streamlining any other regular processes. Plus, the platform offers free courses for everyone who wants to learn how to work with airSlate and set up a procurement workflow. Sign up for the airSlate Academy and become an expert in automating workflows.
There are tons of solutions for automating procurement processes. In order to choose the right one, you should pay attention to how easy it is to onboard and the number of features and integrations provided, and of course, the price. We recommend you choose airSlate. This cloud-based platform automates just about any business process including procurement workflows. The tool uses no-code Bots, embedded small robotic software that help automate any business process and integrate the platform with other applications. “No-code Bots” means that you don’t need any particular technical skills to work with them. Thus, any employee can easily set up a procurement process workflow in less than 15 minutes.